Experience an adventurous holiday of a lifetime!! Conquer your fears by being part of a barrier free, all inclusive adapted skiing expeditions in the most popular skiing slopes of India. Enjoy the unparalleled thrill of swooshing down a mountain blanketed in snow. What’s more, make it an extraordinary family holiday with kids as young as 4-5 years disabled or otherwise, becoming proficient skiers faster than adults.
Suitable for blind, deaf, certain cases of amputees and non-disabled travelers
- Learn to ski on bunny slopes under the tutelage of expert skiing instructors.
- Master the ski lifts to venture beyond bunny slopes and feel the exhilaration of skiing on steeper slope.
- If not interested in adventures then while your friends and family ski, savour the crisp mountain air and the stunning snowcapped vistas and indulge in other leisure pursuits at a supplement cost.
- Enjoy a panoramic view of Gulmarg’s pristine beauty by riding on the Gulmarg Gondola up to 13,132 feet, one of Asia’s highest operating aerial cable cars. Also look upon India’s second line of defense from above.
Skiing Season – January-March
Average Temperature: -1-9°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Superior, centrally heated
- Luxury, centrally heated
Aptly coined as ‘Paradise on Earth’ Srinagar, on the banks of the river Jhelum is known for its picturesque waterfronts and multihued gardens. The mesmerizing Dal Lake dotted with colourful houseboats and shikaras, mirroring the mountains all around is a visual delight and a must visit. The unspoiled beauty and wholesome atmosphere of Srinagar is sure to capture your heart.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- One dedicated ski instructor for every deaf person.
- Two dedicated ski instructors for every blind person.
- One dedicated ski instructor for every two non disabled persons.
- One dedicated porter to help carry ski equipment for every two persons.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as a part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practice.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for any one who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018