Suitable for reduced mobility, visually impaired, hearing impaired, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
- Enjoy the adrenaline rush of rafting in the white waters of the holy Ganges and rushing through numerous rapids.
- Indulge in thrilling adventures like Rope Courses, Zip Lining and Rock Climbing(not accessible for wheelchair users).
- Navigate the iconic structural marvels, Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, the twin swinging pedestrian bridges famed for the legend that Hindu deity Lakshman crossed the Ganges on jute ropes where the Laxman Jhula stands today.
- Launch your Kayaks in the whitewaters of Ganga with its swift rapids.
- Have an unforgettable ziplining experience soaring over the holy Ganges with incredible views of Himalayan peaks, green meadows and the majestic river.
Nature and spirituality
- Get spiritually uplifted by the mesmerizing Ganga Aarti(river worship ceremony), replete with mantras(chants), bhajans(devotional songs) and prayers.
- Explore the mysticism of the east in Rishikesh ‘The Yoga Capital of the World’ with its abundant yoga centers, ashrams, temples, and charming little cafes.
- Visit the famed Beatles Ashram where they resided, practiced Transcendental Mediatation and wrote many songs for ‘the White Album’ and ‘Abbey Road’ including The Happy Rishikesh Song.
- At the foothills of the Himalayas, enjoy Rishikesh’s unparalleled natural beauty at sunset with tea by the Ganges.
- Take a holy dip in the Ganges known for its healing powers.
- Soak in the splendor of your surroundings with soft treks, long nature walks and bird watching amid melodious bird songs.
- Camp overnight at the banks of Ganga and wake up to birdcalls and a spectacular sunrise that will be etched in your memory forever.
Combine the two to enjoy a spiritual adventurous trip
Rafting Season – Mid September – Mid June
If Nature and spirituality are your calling then Rishikesh is an all-year-round destination for you
Average Temperature – 12-30°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Forest Resort
- Beach Camps
The ancient city of Haridwar also known as ‘Gateway to Gods’ is a revered holy destination on the banks of river Ganga. As old as time itself, Haridwar is one of the seven most sacred Hindu pilgrimages in India. Evenings in this spiritual city reverberate with chimes of temple bells, prayers and religious chants along with thousands of flickering diyas as the Ganga Aarti commences on the Ghats.
Rajaji national park
Enjoy an open jeep safari in the lap of nature at Rajaji National Park, a panoramic wildlife and bird watching destination. This bio diversity rich park with the spectacular Shivaliks and the gurgling Ganga is full of elephants, tigers, panthers and over 400 bird species amongst many wild animals.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- Your safety is our priority, everyone on the team is CPR and first aid trained and extra safety measures are taken at every step for rafting as well the other adventures.
- Specialized boats are used for rafting as per the convenience of the disabled traveler.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the visually impaired available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as a part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practice.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations”
Joe Kattackal, Oct 2018