Suitable for reduced mobility, blind, deaf, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
- Take a ropeway to enjoy panoramic views of placid lakes and grandiose palaces in Udaipur, the ‘Venice of the East’.
- Enjoy a starlit gourmet dinner while cruising around the shimmering Lake Pichola surrounded by seductive lights of ancient palaces and their dancing reflections.
- Venture into a bygone era at the historic City Palace.
- Visit the Monsoon Palace of Sajjan Garh sitting on a hilltop with incredible views of the sprawling city, lush forests and the calm Fateh Sagar Lake edged by Aravallis.
- Explore the blue hued city with its majestic forts, lovingly restored havelis, scented temples and winding medieval streets.
- Behold the splendour of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort which protectively towers over the city.
- Visit the milky white marble cenotaphs of the Jaswant Thada.
- Fill your shopping bags with stunning silver jewellery and brightly coloured bangles at the local bazaars.
- Get enchanted by the Golden City of Jaisalmer which rises like a mirage in the heart of Thar desert.
- Visit the sprawling hilltop Jaisalmer Fort, a living castle with more than 3000 residents, houses, temples, restaurants and bazaars.
- Live out an Arabian night fable at a desert camp amongst the silky sand dunes.
- Take a peek into Jaisalmer’s past at the Patwa Haveli museum with displays of traditional architecture, carvings, furniture and artwork.
- Behold the architectural wonder of 7 Jain temples decorated with mirrors, frescos and carvings as old as 12th-15th century located in the Jaisalmer Fort complex.
Best time to visit – October to March
If you love the rains then Rajasthan becomes more vibrant and alluring in the monsoons in July-August.
Average Temperature – 22-32°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Pocket friendly
- Uber Luxury
- Traditional Havelis
- Charming home stays
- Regal Palaces which are current or former residences of kings
- Stay in one of the most romantic hotels in the world, the uber luxurious Taj Lake Palace in the midst of Lake Pichola in Udaipur.
- Take a boat ride for a memorable dinner at the enchantingly illuminated Jagmandir Island Palace in Udaipur.
- Feel like royalty while going around the quaint palaces, heritage havelis, serene waterfronts and bustling bazaars of Udaipur in a vintage car.
- Challenge yourself by Ziplining your way across the majestic Mehrangarh Fort for a fantastic aerial view of Udaipur.
- Stay at the magnificent Umaid Bhawan Palace, one of the largest private residences in the world and host to a number of star studded celebrity weddings.
- For a memorable desert sojourn, spend a night under the stars in a camp on the dunes in Jaisalmer.
- Visit the indomitable hill fort of Kumbalgarh, a UNESCO-listed world heritage site with the second longest wall in the world.
- Uncover a history of courage and sacrifice at Chittorgarh Fort, a symbol of Rajput chivalry and the largest fort complex of India, another UNESCO world heritage site.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- Private inclusive group tours, solo trips, romantic getaways and trips with family/friends/colleagues etc also available.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as a part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practice.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations.”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018