Suitable for wheel chair users, visually impaired, hearing impaired, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
- Explore picturesque lush green forests and small rural communities in Munnar
- Lose yourself in the luxuriant meadows of tranquil tea estates
- Uncover secrets of the finest Indian spices in an interactive culinary experience
- Accompany local naturalists to discover incredible Eco Activities in Thekaddy
- Witness a spectacular sunset amongst swaying palms and tall lighthouses at the crescent beaches of Kovalam
- Traverse the stunning Kumarakom backwaters in a floating houseboat while partaking in local village life activities en route
- Absorb the multiculturalism of Kochi which has a unique amalgamation of Dutch, Portuguese, Jewish, British and Chinese influences in its culture, architecture and art
Best time to visit – September to February
June-July – If you love to get drenched in the magic of monsoons
Average Temperature – 27-29°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Charming Home stays
- Pocket friendly
- Uber Luxury
- A guided tea trail experience with walks, interaction and participation in the process of tea making from ‘Plant to Packet’.
- Visit the famed Periyar Tiger Reserve set in the Western Ghats known for its wild Asian Elephants and Bengal tigers.
- Tour of a fresh organic farm set in a stunning valley, with beautiful fruit orchards.
- Hands on experience of creating paper from waste.
Spend a week or more in a wellness clinic which encapsulates natural elements along with teachings of yoga and meditation to cure all types of individual ailments. Nestled in a breathtaking valley amongst the Panchalimedu hills, this tranquil space essentially alleviates your body, mind and spirit leaving you healed and rejuvenated.
Get a unique sea-side village experience amongst coconut groves, lily ponds and fruit trees. Join local chefs in a cooking demonstration where they reveal coastal food secrets and share rare local recipes. Visit the temple for an insight into native Marari customs.
Take a trip to the breathtakingly beautiful cascades of Athirappilly Falls. This largest waterfall in Kerala is set amongst alluring mountain peaks, verdant forests and deep blue skies making it a beautiful oasis for unwinding and relaxing.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- Private tours, solo trips, romantic getaways and trips with family/friends/colleagues etc also available.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practices.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018