Suitable for reduced mobility, blind, deaf, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
Known as the French Riviera of the East, Puducherry is a charming town with a strong French influence in its architecture and lifestyle. From its beaches to historical monuments and temples to churches, there are remnants of French culture mixed with Tamil sensibilities popularly known as the Franco-Tamil architectural style that defines the essence of Puducherry. Its unparalleled cultural diversity offering the best of both worlds has resulted in numerous people finding peace and a sense of belonging here.
- The French Quarters have boulevards and rues with quaint colonial structures leading to a gorgeous seaside promenade dotted with delightful cafes, bakeries and chic boutiques.
- The old Tamil Quarters have antiquated streets, colourful markets and ornate temples. For a native experience stay in a delightful old house of original Tamil architecture.
- Enjoy tea and conversations with a lady of mixed Tamil and Creole heritage, at her Franco-Tamil home to get a deeper insight into the immersion of French culture with the Tamil.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Art and History Puducherry Museum, Shri Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Notre Dame Des Anges Church, and École Française d’Extrême-Orient are some remarkable places to visit.
- Delight your soul with a visit to an elephant care facility which rehabilitates abused temple elephants. Observe these gentle giants dust bathing, grazing, playing and bathing in natural surroundings.
Mandatory Inclusion in the Itinerary
Auroville – Surprise yourself! Enter unexplored territory, a universal town which transcends creed, politics, culture and nationalities. Where people from 43 different countries live here in peace and harmony, and spirituality and progress take precedence over material gain and pleasure, a place with no formal schools.
Visit Auroville -The City of Dawn, it will leave you awestruck and mystified.
Duration (Pondicherry&Auroville) – 3 Nights
Best time to visit – October to March
July to September – Soak in the rains and the lush-green landscape. The city joyously celebrates Sri Aurobindo’s Birthday in August.
Average Temperature – 15-30°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Homestay in Tamil Quarters
- Pocket friendly
Chennai and Mahabalipuram
Chennai is an urban metropolitan with multicultural roots, diverse European neighbourhoods, architectural marvels and an inextricable link with India’s colonial history. The coastal town of Mahabalipuram is a UNESCO world heritage site consisting of impressively carved temples, ancient rock cut caves and massive sculpted reliefs from the 7th-8th century.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- Private tours, solo trips, romantic getaways and trips with family/friends/colleagues etc also available.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practices.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations.”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018