The magnificent hills of Uttarakhand for the umpteenth time, the fragrance and sight of the typical mountainous flowers, the little cottages and the pine trees still managed to enthrall the senses and totally captivate heart and soul. The hills of Kumaon maintain a rich abundance of flora and fauna. The sight of a habitat so enriching and of such recreational value was truly reverberating and soothing to the mind and body. The enchanting beauty of the evening; a place which appeared no less than paradise, Nainital. The first sight of this small hill station fascinates and filled with a strange sense of déjà vu. Reflections of the star-studded mountains on the eye shaped Naini Lake. This pristine lake is nestled between the glorious mountains of Nainital which are an abode of rich Kumaoni culture and society. This unusual geographic demeanor of the place instantly made it feel magical and welcoming. Nainital is a highly-favored tourist destination and earns a significant part of revenue from its tourism department. Therefore, apart from the scenic beauty, the Naini Hills also envelop a host of tourist attractions; from recreational sources like a small adventure park, mountain expedition program, exotic picnic spots and boating to the taste buds-tingling Tibetan cuisine and cuisines from around the world. The trek to Snow view, Kilburry, Tiffin Top and the China peak have proven to be the most challenging trekking paths for those who yearn for adventure.
Suitable for reduced mobility, blind, deaf, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non- disabled travelers
- Explore picturesque Naini Lake, located in the center of the town and after which it was named.
- Uncover the mythological trail at Naina Devi temple.
- Explore the flora and fauna, gifted by the lakes in the town.
- Experience a peaceful sight near the lake in the evening and explore the local mall road.
Best time to visit – March to June and September to November
Average Temperature – 13-15°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Charming Home stays
- Pocket friendly
- Uber Luxury
- Star-lit wintry nights, natural earthly comforts, to relieve from day to day routines and to relax at Jeolikot. It is an ideal place for those who are interested in floral culture and butterfly catching.
- Safari at Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without anydisabilities travel together.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as a part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practice.
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for any one who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations.”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I've been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018