Suitable for reduced mobility, blind, deaf, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
Set in the picturesque Kangra valley against the backdrop of the mighty Dhaulandhar mountains, Dharamshala with scenic hikes, gurgling waterfalls and picture-postcard views of the Himalayas is a nature lovers haven. It is also known as little Lhasa as it is the residence of the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government in exile. With a name that literally means a spiritual dwelling, Dharamshala with its natural splendor and holiness is unquestionably a breath of fresh air away from the humdrum of daily lives.
- Upper Dharamshala popularly known as Mcleodganj is the epicenter of Tibetan Buddhism. The Tsuglagkhang complex is the largest Tibetan temple outside of Tibet, it also houses the Kalachakra (wheel of time) Temple.
- Experience the rich and regal Tibetan culture at The Tibet Museum and the Library of Tibetan works and watch Tibetan artisans at work at Norbulingka Institute
- The Dharamshala Cricket Stadium lies in the lap of majestic Himalayas, it is one of the highest sports grounds in the world.
- Enter the world of Black Magic in the glorious Gyuto Monastry which sits on a hilltop with a commanding view of Dhaulandhar Ranges and Beas River.
- St. John in the Wilderness Church is one of the oldest churches in the area. This neo-gothic edifice with its Belgian stained glass windows is a delight.
- The mountainous terrain of Triund hill offers hikes with stunning views of Himalayas. A stroll to the Bhagsu Waterfall and Dal Lake is also a splendorous experience.
Duration – 3 Nights
Best time to visit – March to July
Average Temperature – 22-35°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Pocket friendly
Visit the spectacular Golden temple, awe-inspiring Wagah Border, and historic Jallianwala Bagh, in Amritsar. A city known for its legendry Punjabi hospitality and soul satiating food.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together.
- Private tours, solo trips, romantic getaways and trips with family/friends/colleagues etc also available.
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests.
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers.
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost.
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost.
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practices.
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations.”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018