Suitable for reduced mobility, blind, deaf, certain cases of amputees, intellectual and cognitive disability and the non-disabled travelers
The spectacular Golden temple, awe-inspiring Wagah Border, and historic Jallianwala Bagh, along with its legendary Punjabi hospitality and soul satiating food are the hallmarks that make Amritsar a dream destination.This colourful, bustling city with small winding lanes and large hearted people is sure to capture your imagination.
- A haven of spirituality and serenity, the Golden Temple is synonymous with the city of Amritsar. Surrounded by the healing waters of the shimmering Amrit Sarovar, it attracts pilgrims from around the world
- The Partition Museum holds numerous narratives of pain, separation and courage from the time of India’s partition
- Jallianwala Bagh is a garden memorial reverberating with the cries of the 1500 unarmed protesters who were brutally massacred by the British during India’s struggle for independence.
- Rekindle your spirit of patriotism with the pomp and show of the legendary Beating Retreat Ceremony by Indian and Pakistani soldiers at the Wagah Border
- Get mesmerised as the splendid 250 years old Gobindgarh Fort takes you on a journey into Punjab’s glorious past.
- Food at every small café and dhaba in Amritsar is mouthwateringly delicious, and calls out to all your senses.
Duration – 3 Nights
Best time to visit– November to March
Average Temperature– 11-5°C
Categories of Accommodation
- Pocket friendly
- Uber Luxury
Spend a night in a Pind (Punjabi village) to experience the soul of Punjab. Enjoy undulating mustard fields, fresh buttermilk, mouthwatering food, local crafts, tractor rides and the trademark hospitality and warmth of rural folks.
A residence of his holiness the Dalai Lama, Dharamsala is a centre of Buddhism, yoga and meditation and offers some beautiful short treks as well.
- An inclusive trip wherein people with various disabilities and people without any disabilities travel together
- Private tours, solo trips, romantic getaways and trips with family/friends/colleagues etc also available
- Bespoke experiences can be designed as per the disability of the traveler and their interests
- A sign language interpreter for the deaf travelers
- A dedicated travel buddy for the blind available at a supplementary cost
- Adapted accessible vehicles are available at a supplementary cost
- Local communities are extensively involved in all our travel operations as part of our sustainable and responsible tourism practices
“It was like homecoming, a very unique and innovative initiative. It is not just a physical trip but an inner transformation happens when a disabled person travels with a group of strangers. Planet Abled takes care of every minute detail and each person’s special needs. It is a must for every physically impaired person.”
Bhupendra (visually impaired), Sept 2017
“Would strongly recommend Planet Abled for anyone who would like to handcraft a vacation… They excelled with the consummate local know-how, best of local guides and right execution partners at all destinations.”
Joekattackal, Oct 2018
“One of the most well organised trips I’ve been on, thanks to Planet Abled!”
Balu D, Dec 2018