Why choose a Cruise holiday?
Cruise holidays are becoming more popular these days for many reasons such as ease in travel planning, value for money as it includes accommodation, food, travel, entertainment and visiting multiple destinations. And all of this within the comforts of a luxurious cruise ship with an array of facilities for each member to enjoy.
Cruises are also a great option for wheelchair friendly holidays and other persons with disabilities because modern cruise ships are designed with accessibility in mind replete with wide walkways, Braille signage, visual-tactile alert system within the room and so on.
A majority of cruise liners offer accessible cabins that are available across all grades of cabins. But as they are limited in number, booking early would be wise.
Features of accessible cabins
- Wider doorways
- Larger cabins for easy navigation
- Adapted bathroom with roll-in showers, pull down shower chairs, grab rails, lower sink
- Lower wardrobes, vanity units
- A portable room kit that provides alerts for door knocking, telephone ringing, smoke detector (on some liners)
Accessibility within the cruise liner
- Sign language interpreting services for main production shows, port & shopping presentations and other major shared activities
- Assistive Listening Systems in the main theater
- Braille signage in public areas and elevators
- Guided tour during embarkation for familiarization
- Pool lifts (for wheelchairs)
- Accessible public restrooms
- Wheelchair seating at dining venues and bars
- Autism friendly cruises for families with sensory-friendly films and toys, special dietary menu options etc
With an exhaustive number of cruises serving a variety of destinations across the globe, trying to narrow down on the most suitable cruise/cruise liner can be quite overwhelming. Please drop us an email and we will help you find the best option for your requirements. Because unlike a destination trip, cruise holidays have many factors to be considered such as wheelchair friendliness, specialized services for blind/deaf, autism or child-friendly cruises, cruises that are preferred by the elderly or honeymooners and so on.